My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fine

Last night a wonderful, sweet friend of mine came over for dinner. We had a wonderful meal and even better conversation. During dinner she asked me how her husband could pray for me. He is a deeply, prayerful man and I value his thoughtfulness tremendously. I told her he could pray for God's provision over my life. She asked me how I was doing and I said , "I'm fine." Our language is so huge that we have a gillion words for how we feel. But in all honesty....I am fine. The definition of fine in Websters is:

" Excellent in quality, admirable, superior quality, enjoyable and pleasant."

That is what I am right now. Fine. When I get up each day I get ready for work. I go about my day at school. I cut-up and laugh with co-workers and children. I come home. Take care of my grandbaby. Cook dinner. And just the usual routine. Sounds dull. Sounds boring. But it isn't. Not one bit. It is fine. Contentment. Security. Precious words. Proverbs tells us: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5 NLT Those are heavy words to follow. Depend not on myself?? Trust God with all? Everything? Everything?? Hard to do, ladies. Hard. I don't pretend to understand everything. I see the depravity of this world we live in. The choices people make. The lessons never learned. It makes me feel really sad. People just don't get it, do they? If we heed God's words.....we will be fine. I am praying that I get "finer" every day.

No comments: