My Babies

My Babies

Monday, March 28, 2011

Braggin' a little

I just got off the phone with my youngest girl, Megan. She is on the tailend of her college education and is this girl r-e-a-d-y!!! I am just so proud of her I could just about bust. She is filling out many job applications. Printing her resume on really nice "resume paper". Writing cover letters. Getting reference letters. Working hard to get to the finish line and start her "real" life. I am praying that she gets a job quickly too. It is discouraging to watch the news and the job market forecast for upcoming graduates. But I am praying for a quick answer to this prayer. She really wants a job using all the things she has studied and learned in school. Her major at NC State is Agricultural Sciences with a minor in leadership. She loves agronomy science. For those of us who say agrono what??? (like me). That is the study of soil. It is very complicated to say the least. I made the huge mistake of telling her that I needed to get a bag of dirt from Lowes to plant a few flowers in some pots and when I looked up at her she was shaking her head at me. "Mom," she said, "It is soil or media...never dirt." Who knew? My girl is really, really smart. She is so good with grafting plants and trees and has brought home several really nice plants that I hope and pray I don't kill. Her hearts desire is to teach little kids all about agriculture and how important it is to our society. It is sad that it is a subject that is often overlooked in our society today. Megan is so good at communicating and telling you all about her classes and the greenhouses and all the things she has done in school. I am a little sad that she is finishing up to be honest. My girls are all grown up now and forging lives of their very own. She is stepping into the "real grown-up world" as she calls it. Ready or not world...here she comes! I am sure she is ready. I am really proud of my girl. Really, really proud.

No comments: