My Babies

My Babies

Friday, February 18, 2011

Stepping out of my box

I did something last night that I was SO nervous about. I started a class. A real photography class at the Sawtooth Art Center in downtown Winston-Salem. I was such a ball of nerves before it started. I really do not like change and it resist it at all cost. But I bought a new camera in the fall and I really want to lear how to use all it offers. I purchased the Nikon 5000 DSLR. It has great capabilities and I do it such an injustice. There are 14 people in the class and I am happy to report they were all normal, nice people. Not one of them were creepy or mean or anything weird. We all stated that we were novices at this digital DSLR world of photography. Most of us took photos of landscapes, animals and people. A nice new grandmother sat next to me and we had a lot in commen with one another. I don't know why I fear change so much. Lord knows I have had tremendous changes in my life in the past year or so. I think it is just the strangness of taking a class with people I don't know. Will they think I am dumb or will they think I am really lame?? I know I shoud not be concerned with what people think but let's face it... we all are and we are lying through our teeth if we say we don't. I do not know one soul who wants people to think ill of them or badly or anything negative. Don't get me wrong. I stick to my morals and I try very hard to incorporate God in my decisions and how i walk and talk. I fail a lot at that but I do try to keep it fore front in my choices. If people have a problem with the choices I make and I know that they line up with scripture then they can think whatever they like about me. Ultimately it is only Jesus I really care what He thinks of my decisions. I desire that they glorify Him and that it matters for His plan for my life. I did learn quite a bit last night and I am looking forward to the next sessions. I even have homework!! I am to take photos that are underexposed and over exposed this week. I am sure I can accomodate the instructer since I take 12,332 photos a week!! Most are one way or the other! My desire is to capture great candid shots and fast shots. I like to hear the camera go click, click, click really quick!! I would love to capture lightning but that is really hard to do! Hopefully I will do well and learn a lot more and maybe make some new friends! See?? It isn't so scary afterall!!

No comments: