My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday

Today is a sunny but cool and windy Saturday. The temperature is supposed to be in the 50's but that wind is fierce. I want spring. I really want summer. I need to stop whining!! I could live in Chicago or somewhere that is 10 below zero. Praise the Lord I don't!! I just really, really love warm weather. My two daughters and grand daughter are coming for dinner tonight. Megan's boyfriend Thad is coming too. Blake has to work tonight, so we will miss him! I am making potato soup with bacon and cheese. I really love Saturdays. I try to get my housework done during the week so I can just spend Saturdays with my family. I love cooking for them and sitting around the supper table talking, laughing and just watching their faces. How comfortable we get with each other. The expressions, funny comments, teasing and the like. One thing I really like is eating outside on Saturday nights. When the weather is nice there is nothing like it. My mom and dad walk over to my house or I walk over there and we just sit around. Talking. Listening. Looking. No real obligations. Just being with one another is just..... good. Imagine how it will be in heaven. We will be eternally comfortable with Jesus. Imagine how we will just talk with Him. Eat with Him. Walk with Him. We can just go over to Abraham's house and visit or run over to Rahab's house and look at her flowers. Can you imagine that!? Eternally having Saturday with the Lord. Worshipping Him in person. Sitting with family that has went on before us. Hugging people we have really missed! Seeing people we didn't expect to see there! Talking with people we didn't really even like down here. Maybe not you, but I am sure there will be people I have had not so great feelings towards on earth that will be in heaven with me and there will be no issues.....at all. It will be beautiful weather all the time. No coats. No gloves or scarves. No tears running down my face ruining my makeup from this fierce wind. No makeup! Well, I personally hope there is mascara at least. I wonder how if we will have days of the week in heaven? Will everyday be as one? If it is, I hope it is Saturday.

No comments: