My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Growing...

Do you ever feel like life is just... well, a stagnant pool? Passing you by? Going nowhere fast? Something going on all around you but you are just stuck??? For the last while I have felt like this. Some days I feel real strides forward are happening. Other days I have fallen 12 steps back and am digging just to try to catch up. So frustrating. In the last little bit I have watched both of my adult (gasp!) daughters make huge, ginormous strides to real maturity and growth. Godly growth and regular grown-up growth. Major decisions have been made by both. Solid paths. Good future focus. Determination and growing interest in Godly things. I have watched both of them ask for prayer in certain areas, pray about things in depth. Search God's Word. I could not be more proud of them. Really wonderful young women. All parents have struggles and trials with their children. If you don't....you will. But to witness and watch them grow into people that please you with their goals and actions is marvelous. I know they please their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Even more than they please me. He loves them far more than I ever could and He knows how much I love those little ladies!! They have not arrived yet by no means but neither have I. I fail my Lord daily. I fail my children daily. But I know my Jesus loves me and is there for me to pick me up and help me to strive to do better and more for Him. I have been searching for somewhere to serve God as of late. Really serve Him. I need to take a lesson from my own daughters. I need to pray for God to open a door for me so that I can serve Him better. There is room for all of us to grow. I want to continue growing and growing. I pray this for my girls and for my little grand girl too!

No comments: