My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So Blessed

As I sit in my warm home, in my warm, fuzzy and dirty pink robe and with lights and running water and plenty to eat I think back to a year ago when the horrendous earthquake ripped apart Haiti. I saw on the news tonight that for the first time since the quake barely less than one million were still living in tent cities. Now cholera is the biggest enemy of the people in Haiti. We are so blessed in this country. I don't think we even get how blessed we are. Sure, I know there is intense poverty in the United States. Terrible poverty. But there is water and shelter offered at every single Christ-centered church. Imagine living in a country where there is no clean water (that's none). No running water at all. No electricity. No medicine. No diapers for your baby. No formula for her to drink. No nutrition for that mom so her own milk supply has long dried up. No Hello Kitty bandaids. No kool-aid. No lollipops for your child while you wait in endless lines. No kind faces, just a steady stream of despair. But...there is HOPE. With all the disaster in the world as of late it has opened up the places that have long been closed to our God. He will use these disasters to bring Himself glory and to draw these formally closed nations to His everlasting word. Through organizations like the Red Cross, Samaritans Purse, Compassion International, World Vision and many others. Help is coming and the kindness of our Savior is being shown. Nothing that has happened in Haiti, Australia, India and right here in this land with the paralyzing snowstorms has caught God off guard. He has allowed all these things for a reason. So often with the storms in my own life that have rocked me to the core it has been to show me His power and to give me His grace and mercy. Many of these areas have long ignored the one true God and turned to other false gods and to the enemy to worship and serve. God is a jealous God. He wants us to love Him. Him alone. No other gods. Sometimes it only takes a little storm or quake in my life to wake me up. There have been times a firmer hand has been needed. I just pray that I am listening and seeking Him. I pray for these other nations too. That they seek Him and be blessed.

No comments: