My Babies

My Babies

Monday, January 17, 2011

Second Verse

Two weeks have already passed into the new year. Hard to believe. I have selected my second memory verse of the year.

Psalm: 19:13 - NIV
Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

I promise not all of my memory verses will come from the book of Psalms, though I do love that particular book. I also plan on picking from other translations. Last year I kinda punked out about halfway through the year but this year I really want to commit to memorize 26 verses to heart. So whenever troubles, or pain, or a needful friend crosses my way I will be armed and ready with a Word. This is a real desire for me to engrave God's words on and in my heart. I also want to learn how to pray God's word back to Him. To call out to God with His own promises and plans for me to His ears. I can't think of a better way for me to give Him glory for the life He has given me than to praise Him with His own words. God is just so good to me and has blessed me so much. I do not do these things to toot my own horn or show off any kind of "super" memory skills. I struggle with memorizing anything! But God will help me to recall His words. This I am sure. If we ask for wisdom He will graciously pour it out over us in abundance. I need all the wisdom I can get!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your Got the Music going, Sounds Good.