My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Commitment

Welcome 2011!!!!!! I am starting this year off with a real commitment. A tough one too. At least for me it is a tough one. I have signed on to the Living Proof Ministry blog to do the scripture memorization for the 2011 year. This is two scriptures per month. One is submitted on the 1st and the second is submitted on the 15th. You can click on their blogsite in the list of blogs I follow for all the details. You simply list your name, city and the verse you have chosen with the translation. So simple, yet so powerful. Just scrolling through the various scriptures listed stirs me way down deep. You are to keep these verses on a spiral notecard book or anything you like or is easy to you. The point is to engrave the Word on your heart in in your mind. Permanently. I am choosing verses that really speak to me in this season of my life. With a whole new year ahead of me I am sure that many seasons are on the horizon. The first verse i chose is really special to me. Especially as a new grandmother. I so desire to leave a legacy for my sweet Piper and for any other precious little ones that may follow. I chose:

Psalm 103:17 NIV
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children's children.

His Word never, ever returns void. I encourage you to participate in this with me. If every Christian woman put to memory just 24 verses imagine the power we would tap into!! Holy, righteous power. The power of God. It is in each of His children. Let's fire it up!!

No comments: