My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shower in the rain!

Hey Y'all,

Well, we had the last baby shower for Blake and Erica this past Saturday night. It has been blazing hot all summer but Saturday wasn't as hot but it rained and rained and was super humid! This was a family shower where both sides extended families all came. We grilled hotdogs and swam and had a really good time. The only dark spot (besides the rain) was Blake's mama Robin fell while she and I were getting ice in a cooler and broke her foot. I felt just horrible. She missed most of the shower because she was in the emergency room. I felt so bad for her! I know it hurt like crazy when she fell too. Poor thing also took all the hide off her other knee and scratched her glasses. Here are a bunch of pictures from the shower. Sorry they are not in order of events. I am so bad at remembering how to load them in a certain order!


Here is Robin and her mother coming back from the hospital with her foot all wrapped up!


Her knee after I doctored it up!


Her foot before she left for the emergency room. We both honestly thought it was just sprained. We were so wrong.


Megan and my daddy.


Blake swimming with his niece Nadia. She has learned so much this summer about swimming!


My Erica. So ready for mommyhood!


Erica and Blake looking over all the wonderful gifts from their families.


Nadia picked this dress out all by herself and was so pleased with her purchase! It is a gorgeous little dress with a tutu!


Penny was just hoping for a hotdog to hit the ground!


Nadia really like all the baby presents.


Blake also really likes all the baby presents. He is going to be such a good daddy.


Megan is getting really excited on becoming an Aunt!


Brittany is the best at writing down what people give.



I wish I could just give every person who gave something to this young family a great big hug and a squeeze. Both them and me appreciate everything so much. It is so wonderful to feel so blessed by such wonderful people. This little lady will have many wonderful people praying for her and just spoiling her rotten. I cannot wait.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Lovely photos...so great that you have your family gathered all around you like a cozy blanket. You're gonna be nuts over that baby girl...there's nothing like it! My grandson, 21 months, spent several days with us this past week while his mommy and daddy moved into a new home. The house seems so quiet and empty without him now. He's only one hour away, though...so we get to see him pretty often.