My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Letting Go.....

Hey Y'all,

This past week I was in Myrtle Beach, SC with some of my family. My mother, sister, nieces and my daughter, Erica and Blake came down. It was a beautiful week weather wise and I was so grateful. All of us girls in this family love to wake up, eat a bite, grease up (with sunscreen) and hit the beach. We literally stay on the beach all day long. We come in for a bite of lunch and head right back out until evening. Then we clean up and go out to eat. Needless to say I have some serious weight to watch right now and I need to watch it fall off!!! It is my favorite place to go bar none. I love the ocean. The waves crashing, the wind, smells, sights and sounds of the coast are so soothing to my weary soul. This week I prayed alot, read the Bible alot, thought a whole lot. Watch out Tracy...I have been thinking again! I have decided to let many things go. Just head right on out of my life. I have a pair of wonderful daughters, a terrific son in law and a beautiful grand daughter coming very soon. But better than that, God is enough. He truly is an awesome God. He heals even the deepest wounds. Sure there are scars and I am sure at times these wounds may fester up a bit, but I know a wonderful healer that can renew a healing super-quick. I have a wonderful and very blessed life. God has provided me with a loving and caring family and a church family that is so supportive and friends that I could not ask to be better. God is just so good y'all! This week I did not have access to my email but when I got home I caught up on this devotional that I get daily. To tell you how precious God is, this whole past week was about rest. Resting as a stress reliever, a depression reliever and mostly in our Kinsman Redeemer....Jesus. Proverbs 31:30 tells me "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." I so desire that fear to be inlaid deep in my soul and my character. Healthy, awe-filled fear of a Holy God that redeems this weary, teary woman from the sickest, blackest of pits. Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.

Here are few pictures that I took. I actually took 10 million but I won't make you look at them all!


This was a fantastic kite a man was flying. He had three on one string!




This was another of the three.



This is a shot from way in the sky. Beautiful!



I love the ocean. So majestic.


Erica and Brittany


Erica and me. A little mist was on my lens.


This is Erica about to lose her patience with me and my camera.


Blake and Erica before dinner one night.


Erica and me on the street doing a little shopping.


I don't know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds my tomorrow in His hands and that is enough for me. Happy 4th of July everybody!! I am going outside now and watch all the fireworks that my neighbors shoot in the sky!

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: