My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Valentimes Day!

Hey Y'all,

Working at an elementary school is sometimes the funniest place in the world to work. Young children are so funny! In the next week they will be exchanging Valentines in their classrooms. Most of the kids call it "Valentimes Day". Some of them are very serious with little boxes of candy or a single flower for their "sweetie". Way too young for this kind of stuff...I mean seriously parents?! Each year I get several from the students. I even once got a blue rock and a marriage proposal from a little boy in kindergarten. So sweet. I still have the rock at school and the little boy is now in the 7th grade and I am sure he has a few more rocks to give out in his lifetime. It is a sweet time of the year and I am sure that next Monday I will hear, "Happy Valentimes Day Ms. Cindy!" about 600 times. Some of the little girls get so gushy when they show me the cards they get from certain little boys. It is amazing that Spiderman and SpongeBob causes their hearts to flutter, but they do. Little boys show me their Hannah Montana and Barbie cards and pretend they don't like them or the little girls that put them in their bags. Young love....so cute!

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: