My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, September 5, 2009

My head is full...My heart is heavy

Hey Y'all,

Have you ever had such an overload of information come at you that your head is just full? Well this week my head is just bulging. Some information has been good and very helpful. Some I could have lived three lifetimes without. Just when you think things are going pretty smoothly....BAM! A bomb just drops. With my daughters' wedding a month away I really do not need bombs in my life. I have found myself wondering what to do and how to go about decisions that really need to be made quickly. I have been praying for wisdom and discernment and also some heavy doses of mercy. Mercy for myself. I truly struggle with meanness at times. If it was not for the Lord I would be a "mean girl." You know the type. Just plain ole mean. I don't want to do anything out of meanness or bitterness or anger or vindictiveness. But there comes a time when you must take a firm stand and let the chips fall where they may. God is in control of my circumstances and He will not allow anything to come to me that I cannot stand. We think to ourselves, "I can't stand this!!" But....we can. With the mercy of our Father. With His grace He will cloak us in His loving and strong arms. No matter if it is family who acts ugly to your child or an outsider trying to wedge strife in your life or whatever the enemy has in store. I read a devotional this week that Satan actively pursues the ones God is using. Satan has been hot on my trail for a while and frankly I am weary of it. I need some time to "Be Still". I need a fresh falling of mercy. Thank the Lord He does provide new mercies daily. One of my favorite songs is "As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs for thee." I am panting Lord, panting in my desert and waiting for refreshment.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: