My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mom Musings

Hey Y'all,

Well the results of my action packed weekend are as follows: Saturday morning was beautiful with a slight overcast so no shadows were cast for Erica's bridal portraits. She was stunning. I know she is my child but Honest Injun' as my grandma said, she was just gorgeous. While we were at Reynolda Gardens for her photo shoot this little girl (with her mama) walked up to Erica. Her little eyes were huge and she whispered to her, "You are so pretty" My heart melted. I let her carry and hold Erica's bouquet for some poses and her mom was overjoyed for her little girl. I told that sweet young mama to hold on to each second because before she knows it that bride will be her little Catherine. It happens that fast, ladies. I would post a picture of Erica but I want her dress to be a surprise for most everybody. She is so worried that Blake will see it! The morning flew by and I took home a whithered bride-to-be and got started on the shower set-up. I love entertaining so I had enough sense to start four days ago on this shindig. My mama only raised one fool...my sister! Just joking, hee, hee, hee. I had hung several wire coat hangers from trees in the front yard to suspend some great glass lanterns I have been buying every time I found some cute ones on sale. Some I have had for years. I knew they would come in handy! I put citronella candles in them so we would have soft light that hopefully would keep bugs away. I put fresh oil in my Tiki Lamps around the pool, so they were ready to light. I had all the food ready to put out at 6:00. So I got in a really nice visit with Blake's parents who came in from Wilmington, NC. They are really nice people. Blake's dad, Chris, is a very talented musician and he brought his guitar and had some music ready for my "Not Even Ready For The Gong Show Singers!" I am not one of these mamas who thinks there kids can sing. I know mine cannot...at all. They make you cringe but that has never stopped them from belting out any old country song they can. My niece, Brittany, is the loudest and the worst. Bless her heart. Her favorite song is "Coal Miner's Daughter." Makes you wish you were in a coal mine every time she sings it. Blake's mom, Robin, was so stressed I thought she would cry. Her parents have been divorced for 35 years. This was going to be the first time they had even seen each other for 15 years. She just knew it would end badly. They did fine. They didn't talk but they didn't come to blows either. I have lots of family with their own issues and let's just say a few of them didn't bother to show up which in the long run was for the best. Family, we can't pick them, that is for sure!! Now onto Sunday. This was the day Megan was moving back to NC State in Raleigh. That is about 2 hours from our house. We moved her using only 2 cars from this house. When we got to Raleigh we had to empty her storage unit to get the rest of her stuff. It is amazing how much she accumulates. Of course she needs every bit of this stuff. Vital, I tell you. But the day went pretty smooth. I met her 2 new roommates and they seem very nice. I hope this works out because I am not moving her again. Only back home. Classes start for her tomorrow so I hope that gal is ready. School starts for me tomorrow too. My summer is over and now it is time to knuckle down and get the rest of this wedding under wraps and before you know it I'll be putting up my Christmas trees!!

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: