My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's that time again...

Hey Y'all,

Well, it is that time of year again. VBS. Vacation Bible School is upon me once again and Praise the Lord I am not in the craftroom!!! I am a crew leader to several first and second grade boys and girls. They are so cute and sweet at that age. So many questions and so enthused over new songs and stories. Today several children in the crew teams in my group asked to go to the prayer room to either pray with someone about accepting Jesus or needing that reassurance. Precious. I know the Lord loves VBS. It is a wonderful tool for a church to reach out to the surrounding community and it's families. Our theme this year is the Australian Outback. Our children's Pastor is wonderful. He and his sweet wife are the cutest couple ever. He works so hard to get the perfect accent every year. He doesn't exactly sound like Steve Irwin the crocodile hunter but he is getting close. I do have one little boy who is the most contrary thing. I told him yesterday that he was being very contrary. Of course he had no idea what that meant so it was a good time to have a good ole southern explanation. I said, "Andrew, contrary means that you are always pulling or going or thinking the opposite of whatever is right." This young boy was so brazen he even piped up during the mission story time when the leader said that missionaries wanted others to follow Jesus, he said, "Unless they want to follow satan!" I could have crawled in a hole. This makes me think what kind of home does he have? He has 2 hard working parents who provide him with all he needs and desires but there is a hole in his life that needs to be filled. By nature this boy is rebellious and head strong. Pray for him and for me that I show him a better way to walk instead of a way to be dragged.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: