My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When your heart just breaks....

Hey Y'all,

My heart is just all broken right now. My mamas' little dog, Taffy, passed away today. She was 17 years old and would have been 18 on October 1st. My mother is just crying her eyes out. Taffy has had a rough year and she has been on the downhill side for a while. Yesterday was a really tough day and my mama took her to the vet and the poor thing died right in his office. She has brought Taffy home and my daddy is building her a coffin as I type. We will bury her in the pet graveyard at the foot of the garden. Many pets have been lain to rest there. I don't' know about any of you sweet readers but I know Taffy is in heaven right now. She is running and playing with all our other dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters and birds. I cannot imagine how God could allow us to have pets that bring us so much pleasure and emotion and then not take care of them for us when they die. Even my Darla (who I do witness to often) will greet me there if she dies first. I hope in heaven she will be sweeter. I know Taffy is having a wonderful time herding up kittens. That was one of her favorite things to do...herd. She loved to gather up a pile of kittens and just shuffle them around. Taffy was Shih Tzu like my Darla. She never had puppies of her own but would have made a really good mama dog. Once she even gathered up a whole nest of Easter eggs and guarded them for days. We had to kidnap them one at a time because she growled every time we tried to pick one up. I sure will miss that funny little dog.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: