My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, July 12, 2009

What my Pastor says...

Hey Y'all,

I love my Pastor. I really do. He is the most A.D.D. person you will ever meet. He struggles in many areas but hey, he knows it and will tell you that he blows it often! This mornings sermon was on the state of this nation in comparison to the state of Judah in the first chapter of Isaiah. He spoke of many tough issues going on in this great land of ours. I felt greatly convicted to pray more for my leaders and its people to turn our wicked ways and follow God. He directed our thoughts towards more personal areas. What do we watch, listen to and what we think. Do I have ugly thoughts? Yes. Have I gossiped this week? Yes. Have I failed God? Yes...double yes. Man, I really felt the old toes aching today. I prayed at the end of the sermon with the music playing to turn my eyes on Jesus and to look full into His wonderful face. I left with a deep sense of renewal and revival. And then I got in my car and drove towards my house. Then I blew it. Bigtime. You see, the road we live on is a huge thoroughfare for bikers. They were having some kind of race this weekend. I am severely allergic to bikers. Severely I tell you. When a motorcycle officer motioned for me to pull my big ole SUV off the road to let a gaggle of bikers go by all I could think about was slinging my car door open and knocking them all down. How ugly is that??? I do not know why bikers upset me so much but they drive me nuts. I once stopped on a Sunday morning and asked a few of them if they were on their way to church? They just looked at me like I was the idiot. I am going to have to pray about this much harder. Or find another way home. My husband asked me if I got stopped by the police to let them turn in a big group like he did. He feels the same way I do about them and I knew by the look on his face he was frustrated to put it kindly. I think next time I might just ask them if they would like a ride in my car to church and they can throw their bikes up on my luggage rack. Or maybe I will just find that other way to church and back home!

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: