My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Keepin' it real...

Hey Y'all,

Nothing much going on around here this week. My mom is still so sad about Taffy dying. Erica is still the single most organized person in the free world when it comes to her wedding. The child leaves me a sticky note daily with some new task that needs to be done. On their toasting glasses (that are still in the box) she put a sticky note that says, "These need to be washed." Well....duh! Megan still lives in the pig pen she calls her room. I do not know how she stands it. She has been working a lot this summer. She fortunately got a second lifeguarding job at a ritzy country club pool. She is even the assistant manager! When she told one of the other guards there that she attended NC State and was an agricultural science major they were stunned that she would be a farmer. First off, she explained, that is not just farming and she has no desire to be a farmer. But all in all she is having a good summer and is making some really good new friends. My husband, David, is having a good summer season too. In the lawn/landscape business heat is hard. This has been a pretty cool summer. Not so many miserable days for him and his guys. For me this summer has been a combo of long and short. Long in the sense that each day is monotonous and short in the sense that my life is changing drastically in the next few months. One married, one a junior in college. Grown-ups. My kids are grown-ups. Many embrace this time or look forward to it, when dealing with an irate 3 year old or a broody, moody teen. But I hate it. Just keeping it real, people. Keepin' it real. I really hate it. I love doing for my family. Right in my own home. I like taking care of them. My daughters laugh at me because I do things for my husband and for them that don't make a lot of sense to them. Like, place new tubes of toothpaste on the counter when the current one is running out in all the bathrooms. Putting their dad's medicine in a daily pill dispenser because his hands are too big for the regular bottle and he spills them on the floor. Setting the table for their dad or them when I am not going to be home for dinner and leaving a full meal in the oven for them to eat. When they say, "We can fix a sandwich, Or let Daddy fix his own." The list goes on and on. I do this because I want to and because as a wife/mom it is my job. Some of you "younger" wives may not get this or like it but here goes....Suck it up and pick up his shoes. Suck it up and re-hang those towels that kids fling over the shower. Just suck it up and do it! God loves a servant heart. Not a resentful, bitter and I'll do it but I don't want to heart. It took me a long time to get that. Wasted time really. Why not do the things for your family that need to be done with a glad heart. No "thank you's" to be heard. I believe that pleases Jesus and it pleases my family. Sure, it is unnoticed and taken for granted but I take things others do for me for granted and I don't notice near enough things others do. I believe that Jesus kept it real every day He walked this earth an I pray that I become more like Him each day.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: