My Babies

My Babies

Monday, July 27, 2009

Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Y'all,

In my basement I keep several flat and tented glue traps. In these I catch spiders, camel crickets (which are really dinosaurs) and all kinds of bugs. I hate bugs. I am not really afraid, I just really, really do not like bugs. This summer I have caught.....10 lizards. Yuck!!! I don't like them either because they are lightening fast and just plain ooky looking. Yesterday I went downstairs to get something and right beside the garage door there are about four of these glue traps. Stuck to one was a ..............snake! Gross!!!!!! After screaming through my heart-a-stroke and running at break neck speed back upstairs and slamming the door and turning the lock, I remembered seeing this little creep in the backyard about 2 weeks ago. He is about a 15 inch (or foot) long king snake. He tried to attack me when I was putting my aged beagle up for the night. He struck at my foot twice and flicked his evil, forked tongue at me. To get him back I threw a stick at him and ran to my house yelling, "Git!" This is redneck for, "Get thee off of thy property, oh foul one." After I calmed down in my kitchen I started grinning my own kind of evil grin. Ha-ha, he is dead now! I thought. Going ever so slowly back down stairs I crept up on him and was just about to reach down a pick up the glue trap to throw it away when the little devil started writhing. Squealing once again and running outside this time I conned my future son-in-law, Blake into picking it up and throwing it into a garbage bag. He is my new hero. It is ironic that in the Pastor's message yesterday he talked about the millennium kingdom and how the child will sit at the cobra's den and play. Well, right now I am living in another time and I ain't playin'. Ha-ha, the wicked ole' snake is dead!

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: