My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The List

Each year when school lets out I create a list of things I would like to accomplish during the summer break. These are a lot like New Year Resolutions....they never come to the goal. One year I did repaint most of my rooms in my house and mange to wallpaper 3 of them. I think that was the summer I later went to a rehab for the craft-challenged. I have never recovered. This summer my top priority is my daughter, Erica's, wedding. I need to finalize all of her ideas, choices and selections for this grand event. She is really just the sweetest thing. I not only love her fiercely. I really like her. She has turned out well. I also want to spend time with my youngest, Megan. She too is the sweetest thing. This child of mine has caused me a few gray hairs but my hair stylist, Karen, has never let me actually see one. Bless her. Megan is high maintenance, needy and downright fun. When she is not screaming she is laughing hysterically. She and I will spending a lot of time this summer with her aging beagle, Hunter. This is probably his last summer. He is really going downhill. I would also like to spend some time goofing off. The older I get the more I see this as really a good thing. Houses keep getting dirty. By the way I am installing a dirt floor soon. What is the use anyway??? Clothes pile up daily. And people keep getting hungry. I plan to have friends over for a swim and good lunches around my pool. I envision long talks on deep theological topics. In reality we will probably sit around and discuss a big pile of nothing important. You know, that is okay too...sometimes. I do want to get into the WORD more and deeper this summer. I so desire to do the will of God but seeking Him daily for instruction is where my downfall lies. Two or three minutes is not enough prayer time nor does five or ten minutes reading enough time. I am not saying that there is a set time to spend with God. That would be legalism and I am trying very hard to avoid that pit...again. God has spoken to me many times in a second flat. But to really dig in the WORD and absorb it. To be able to breathe it back out with a full confidence when a conversation is turning in a certain way. I have a lot more goals this summer. Right now I am off to make my bed. I plan to do this daily too!

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: