My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Life all around us....

Hey Y'all,

I have a new favorite singer. Chris Tomlin. Not only is he the cutest thing ever, he sings wonderful. My friend, Tracy and I, went to see him and we had a ball. We ate dinner (for free thanks to her dad!) together and headed on into the coliseum. We saw several friends and sat down for the concert. We both love to people watch. We saw such a huge variety of people. I think this gave us insight into what heaven may be like. Every tribe and nation was there. Tracy sat next to a sweet couple that was there for their anniversary. I sat next to a group of young Asian American kids that were so sweet. The young man beside me just broke my heart. He literally sobbed during Chris' song "I Will Rise". I wanted to just hug him. After the show I told him how impressed I was with his group and their obvious love for Jesus. His name is John and y'all keep him in your prayers. He was just so sweet!! We also ran into a dear friend named Sandra. She just looked plumb wore out. Pray for her too. Her daddy is so sick. Her mother is in an alzheimers care facility and her only brother is also struggling with sickness. Sandra is also scheduled for surgery on Monday but is keeping her doctor on hold in case her daddy takes an even worse turn. Life just keeps happening all around us even when we do stop and "be still" it just keeps moving on by. When I think of the Easter season and all that it brings to my own mind I am just floored. That my God would sacrifice His own Son for me. Even just mean sinful me. I just sob too. That kind of love is infathomable. So deep and wide. Unending. Life does go on all around us but our loving, merciful God stopped the earthly life of His Son for us. Take the time this Easter to Be Still in front of a Holy God and just thank Him for His love and sacrifice.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: