My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The desires of your heart.....

Hey Y'all,

This has been a tough week for me...to say the least. Lots of things going on at work, at home and around my little community. I have relied heavily on my prayer sisters for prayer and support and shoulders this week and I owe you sweet ladies a huge thank you. I will be cooking for you soon.....I promise. I know each and every woman has tough things going on in her life and some times are just tougher than others. The Bible study I am doing on Esther is really helping me grasp some of these concepts with new armor to put on and bigger shields to put up against strikes on my family. There it is the desire of my heart. Family. All families have struggles and problems but are there not times when your own seem astronomical?? Mine do right now. Just absolutely out of this world. So yesterday after a hard day. I cried alot and I whined to God alot and I fumed a whole lot and then I went....shopping. By myself. Therapy that I so enjoy. I went to a neighboring city and I looked around and tried stuff on and committed to lose weight when I had to go up a size in my jeans. I am going to the gym every day next week and no more cheating on my eating. I promise. Then on the way home, while I was listening to that wonderful song by Third Day, "Revelation." I saw it. A church marquee sign with this verse on it; "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you desires or your heart." I was already crying to the song and that clinched it. I was flat out bawling. I am sure I was a driving hazard but thankfully I made it home. I do try and delight myself in the Lord. I love His Word, His people, His house and all the things of God. I love doing Bible studies and digging in the Word. I love deep conversations about what books of the Bible mean and how history intertwines with the scriptures. (Don't you too, Tracy??) My accountability group and the praises and prayers we lift up to the heavens are pure joy in service to the Lord.
So, I am asking myself, "What is to really delight in the Lord?" I looked up in my concordenance this verse and I found out to delight in someone is to experience great pleasure and joy in his or her presence. This happens only when we know that person really well. So, to delight in the Lord we must know Him better. Makes perfect sense. The hanger of this verse is in the next verse. We must commit our ways to Him. To commit ourselves to the Lord means entrusting everything - our lives, families, jobs, posessions - to His control and guidance. This is HARD stuff people. Way hard. According to Psalms 37:7 We should be willing to wait patiently for Him to work out what is best for us. Hard stuff....again. The following verses in this Psalm tell us to not worry or fret. This leads to anger and evil. As the text goes on it tells me to deal with these issues with humility, calm faith and hope in His deliverance. Calmness is an attribute I struggle with. High strung and A.D.D. describe me better. Oh Lord, I pray that I look to You for my help and not within my own self for answers. Pray for me, faithful readers (all 6) that God continues to bring me closer to Him. Parenting and marriage are really brutal at times. But that is this world against the family in this age we live in. Hard words to live by and to put into practice and into faith.

Bless Y'all

Cindy

No comments: