My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Laughing is just so GOOD!

Hey Y'all,

Last night my oldest daughter,Erica, came home from a date with her fiance early. He is a deputy and had to go in for an extra shift from 10 at night to 3 in the morning. Bless his heart. My youngest, Megan, came home from school unexpectedly so we had a little "girl time." It was hilarious. We were planning music to dance to at Erica and Blake's' wedding coming this October. This turned into quite a difference in music genres to say the least. Both my girls were instructors for the local Cotillion in our area and know a big variety of dances and music. Anything from waltz, foxtrot, shag, line dances, Latin dances, the list goes on and on. I am married to the "white" Michael Jackson. He thinks. My poor guy is a horrible dancer and has no clue about it. David thinks he really has rhythm and soul galore. He does not. We laughed and laughed as we tried to imagine how daddy would dance to every song they picked. Too funny. I am not the greatest but I do know the electric slide, some shag steps and a decent slow waltz...very slow. Thinking about our diverse family and there many quirks we laughed even harder at who would do what who would sit with arms crossed and who would end up singing karaoke even though we are not providing microphones. We selected songs from old Motown, country(Rocky Top is a must for our hillbilly group)some rock and yes even some clean (there are a couple) hip-hop numbers. Erica really wants a fun reception to give her and Blake some lasting memories to tell their children. Laughing with my girls is just so sweet to me. I have spent many nights home with them heavy on my heart. Deep in prayer for them. Often right flat-out on my face before a Holy God. Not so much for any particular activity but more for protection, guidance and conviction when needed in their young lives. I know first hand how hard it is to get back up after a fall and start over. While they were out from my wings away at school I reminded myself and them that they were under the protective wing of God. I asked them not to forget it either. Laughing is just so much better....good medicine. Prayer works ladies. It works. It may be long a time in showing anything but don't quit. Laughter is right around the corner.

Bless Y'all,

Cindy

No comments: