My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just Some Stuff

Hey Y'all!

I was thrilled with the 3 that were chosen for the top 12 on American Idol last night! I love that show. I know some of you think it is shallow and not real important in the big scheme of things, so pray for me and my fellow addicts. I really like the last guy chosen, Danny Gokey. He is a church music leader I just found out on last nights show. A really good singer, I think. Also we watched the fourth dvd in the Esther series from the Bible study we are doing at church last night. I am loving this Beth Moore study more and more (no pun intended)!! It has been so thought provoking and brought things about that time in history that I never realized. Like I had no clue that when Esther called for Mordecai and the other Jews of Susa to fast it was during Passover! Big ole feast time in ancient times! I just never even thought about it on the calendar at all. The truth really came home to me in this segment about our fears. Each week we are given a scenario about "It is tough being a woman in _____________________." Then Beth fills in the blank. Last night was, "It is tough being a woman in the tight fist of fear." I really had to deal with some of my fears later on and today. As devastating as some things really would be the worst thing is that I would die from the result of some fear coming true. Is that really so bad...for the Christian? No. Sure, I would writhe around in absolute heartbreak and pain but.....I will heal to some degree and go on with life. God is the great healer and mender of these things and Satan is the author of fear. I highly reccommend this study. I am headed down to Raleigh, NC to see my baby girl tomorrow and I cannot wait to see that child. She and I are planning a great day of shopping, lunch and just visiting. Hope y'all have a great day too!!

Bless Y'all!

Cindy

No comments: